Aftercare is so important to hair extensions
Here are the answers to a couple of common questions your clients will need to know after the hair installation
For long lasting hair extensions, moisturize your hair as you do your skin, it makes perfect sense. Looking after Human hair extensions is not difficult, yet it is important to follow a consistent hair care routine to keep them looking their best
- Brush your hair extensions before bed and before washing to ensure there are no tangles.
- Comb your hair extensions with either a tooth wide comb or a paddle brush, make sure all knots and tangles are gone.
- Only Use shampoos and conditioners which is sulphate and paraben free ,As there is no direct supply of nutrients from your scalp into the Hair extensions to avoid drying the hair out, Sulphates can cause split ends to form in your hair, Sulphates can make your hair look dry or frizzy over time.
- Rinse thorough hair extensions conditioner. Pat dry and brushing with a wide toothcomb, If possible, allow your hair extensions to air dry, Add some Swank Argan oil while the hair is still damb to lock in additional moisture.
- To avoid damaging the hair extensions, Wash the hair gently in a downward motion with your palms, do not scrub or bunch the hair.
- To ensure that your hair extensions remain glossy and soft, it’s worth treating them to a deep conditioning mask roughly once per month. If you find that your hair extensions are feeling a little on the dry side despite the regular (ish) conditioning treatments, try spritzing on a leave-in conditioner to give them a long-lasting moisture boost.
- Don’t wash your extensions every day. Just like your normal hair, they’ll become dried out if you over-wash them.
- Don’t apply dry shampoo on your hair extensions as the will matt and tangle
Only use shampoos and conditioners which are sulphate and paraben free. As there is no direct supply of nutrients from your scalp into the Hair extensions you should avoid drying the hair out as sulphates can cause split ends to form in your hair and can make your hair look dry or frizzy over time
Swank hair care contains ingredients that provide just this – and they smell amazing